Universidade Estadual de Campinas
UNICAMP was officially established in October 5, 1966, when the foundation stone was laid.
In spite of the youth of Brazilian academic institutions —note that the oldest Brazilian university is approximately 70 years old—, UNICAMP already has achieved a successful history of teaching, research and yielding benefits for society.
The foundation of UNICAMP was an answer to the growing demand of qualified professionals in State of San Pablo, a Brazilian region that in the sixties amounted to 40% of Brazil's industrial capacity and 24% of the country's economically active population.
It should be stressed that UNICAMP's planners avoided to create a university merely adding up degrees and units. Quite on the contrary, UNICAMP was born from an idea that encompassed its current status. Needless to say, even before its actual establishment, UNICAMP already had attracted more than 200 foreign professors covering several knowledge areas and approximately 180 coming from the best Brazilian universities.
UNICAMP has three campuses —in Campinas, Piracicaba and Limeira— and 21 teaching and research units. It also owns a vast complex of hospitals (with two great health units in Campinas and Sumaré), as well as 23 cross-disciplinary centres, 2 technical schools and several support units. All in all, UNICAMP is home for approximately 50.000 people and thousands of research projects.
- Instituto Politécnico Nacional
- Sistema Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Universidad de Cantabria
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Universidade de Coimbra
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Universidad de São Paulo
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universitat de València
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Universidad de Antioquia
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Universidade do Porto
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
- Universitat Politècnica de València