Universitat de València
Since its establishment, PCUV has a vocation for strengthening bonds between university and the social and economic environment that surrounds it, offering high added-value facilities and services.
PCUV was designed as a tool to generate wealth, development and quality of life.
- To encourage technological development, knowledge transfer and industrial innovation.
- To foster research regarding socially relevant subjects at regional, national and international levels.
- To favour the cooperation between companies and research groups belonging to Universitat de València.
- To create new, innovative enterprises encouraging alliances with strategic partners.
- To start up Parc Científic along with its facilities, infrastructures and services.
- To strengthen the transfer and dissemination of university research results.
- To contribute to business competitiveness and the development of the Autonomous Community of Valencia through innovation and technological improvement.
The PCUV model
Universitat de València has designed and built a unique Science Park. Parc Cientìfic de la Universitat de València (PCUV or “Universitat de València Science Park”) is a team of people and a complex; both are devoted to innovative enterprises that stress research and development in their respective sectors.
PCUV hosts a great part of UV's researching potential in the form of institutes and research groups, and offers high-performance buildings to university enterprises and other innovative companies.
PCUV's research, development and innovation as well as its scientific capacity, are made available to industry in several ways: enterprise research units are established, enterprise researchers are sent to joint research groups, R&D projects are carried out on demand, common infrastructures and services are used in order to carry out measures, studies, tests or analysis, and, more generally, knowledge, technology and processes are transferred.
Thus, PCUV intends to encourage knowledge generation in various areas coordinating scientific, technological and industrial interests in order to transfer technology to businesses and meet society's demands.
It is, then, an organized suite of resources that operate as a link between science and industry, a place in which companies are fed ideas.
PCUV's advantages compared to other business locations
- A new, R&D-related notion of business location is offered, with new, high-performance buildings and facilities (offices and laboratories) and 12.000 m2 under leasing arrangement.
- With a surface of 200.000 m2, needs for more surface are guaranteed, whether in the same building or in other location inside the Park.
- Excellent geographical location; PCUV is connected to Valencia by bus and metro and very close to Manises Airport, Feria de Muestras, Fuente del Jarro Industrial Estate and Paterna Technology Park.
- Valencia is internationally well-known; it hosts world-class sports and social events.
- To become involved with PCUV brings tangible benefits and competitive edge as compared to other business locations.
- Using common are/or shared services such as auditoriums, meeting halls, maintenance, cleaning or security, ensures cutting costs.
- Synergies with other enterprises in the Park are possible, as well as finding new customers, providers or intermediaries on location.
- Alternative financing resources are available; investment forums, access to venture capital and investor networks, R&D grants, subsidies, grants for companies in Science Parks, etcetera.
- Support for entrepreneurs, entrepreneurial advice and an already functioning incubator are provided.
- Privileged relations with Universitat de València and its research bodies —researchers, research groups, Research Institutes and others— through collaboration contracts, scientific services (analysis, tests, etcetera), technological surveillance, consultancy and technical assistance, internships, customized training programmes and job placement services are provided.
- Instituto Politécnico Nacional
- Sistema Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Universidad de Cantabria
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Universidade de Coimbra
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Universidad de São Paulo
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universitat de València
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Universidad de Antioquia
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Universidade do Porto
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
- Universitat Politècnica de València